I NOT tested big variety of Linux distros of course – but we can assume that there is some VERY bad habit across „some” distro lines, as in Arch (-Bang, Manjaro...)
1. NVIDIA proprietary threading – [Xid] bugs here: , seems similar to hibernation/s2disk problems
–a tricky issue, I hope the env. combo helps: even when proper environment applied, FPS can be 1 (Xorg/glxgears) – see blog entry about „NVIDIA combo” [in testing]
2. CD/DVD/BD writer driver – also, here (Arch Linux with standard kernel, before KNOPPIX'ed) – its fault of Arch developers, even not to mention necessarity of placing some disk vendor id into some kernel internal hibernation special-treating PM list
KNOPPIX is so mature distro – replacing Linux kernel (contains basic [non-NVIDIA...] drivers automatically] across the distributions repairs even >1 problem. I not had to edit kernel source code in such manner!!!
They broke it overwhelmingly.
3. Hibernation/s2disk HDD spindown BEFORE even PC actually shutdowns – what a shame!! My blog covers it in basic details. Again, simplest way is replace it to the KNOPPIX kernel.
Do not forget about modules (drivers!) & recreating initrd. Maybe, also, some „extra” modules (in other directory... but all stuff under /lib/modules).
Along KNOPPIX-ation of the Arch, or other faulty Linux system, I recommend Fedora inside chroot/systemd's nspawn command, or similar.
This one is user-mode solution – and the previous 3 was kernel-mode ones.
Fedora can be better than Debian, if you need GUI applications stability, and, as I assumed – the stability of package manager process.
No removing autoinstalled unneeded, blah blah... QGiS and Libre Office runs OK (remember, these are older versions – but usable, esp. when there remains LIBRE OFFICE bug with picture transparency/some image-op widgets BUG).
All similar bugs shows you Babel/ity of social fragmentation – more precisely, the fall of America.
W/o PROPER religion you have no peace needed to fix the computer problems. To try, to wait, even to sit down with the machine.
No comments:
Post a Comment