Preface:
(I do NOT know precisely how with hibernation in another UNIX-like, Mac for example, etc.). I concentrate on „mere” (but good if you'll be hard-working) Linuxes: Arch Linux usermode running on KNOPPIX kernel.
I do not like term userland if its too exclusive: Windows term is USERMODE – simplifies things with an uniform nomenclature.
Hibernation is one of 3 areas, where Linux needs instant ADDITIONAL out-of-the-box operation to apply manually.
•Hibernation, in its GUI/graphical/DRM/DDX/framebuffer stuff depends on NVIDIA. But in my (current) experiences so far, it does NOT seem to be problem with hibernation „as it is”. Dmesg log „Xid” errors can arose even if no hibernating Linux! But they simply seem —
—only: seem, to be straight hibernation issues.
If we cease using Windows, then GLX (that is, proprietary one Open GL library from NVIDIA installer) MULTITHREADING bugs we could treat, improperly – as the source of screen tearing, console switch system crash (but this bug was actually GONE! Even on proprietary!) bugs.
Its multithreading, NOT the hibernation. NVIDIA env combo applied – still in testing phase.
I even do not know, if DDX (that is, some Xorg driver) also has similar problems
– environment variables combo has been applied also to running Xorg instance.
1. Do not rely on /etc/profile – I remember my old negative experiences.
2. Systemd may have its own env managing – thus copy everything into several bootup script execution places, even into .xbindkeysrc, for making surety.
It is overall complicated slightly, requiring maybe making startcompiz script along some startlxqt variant – but:
If we have some help from NVIDIA, then why not to experiment with the Linux starting environment?
As stated in the title, randomness of some Linux OS behaviors imply we must have proper, long-lasting timespan for proper methodology of tests (now monotonic system uptime: 2 days, 0:49:35.459530)
Maybe as in Blu-Ray writer test: when it turned out the need to copy KERNEL from KNOPPIX, and it works OK months – as in GLX test: firstly, strong need to wait, simply, wait and be much patient here.
Linux requires patience, and a good PAPER book.
I hate smartphones. Not important if from China or not.
I tested graphic card temperature (sensors command not having this one sensor...) in NVIDIA panel. Temperature arose. But it have to be responsibility of GODOT game developers and distro projectants to SLOW DOWN FPS.
When glxgears test can give FPS of around 1 (!!!), then you want the implementation going to the code building stage – not outsourcing inside NVIDIA the everything related.... . Or even into Khronos Group!
Xorg or Compiz – broke vsync definitely. And Wayland is NOT a solution, actually now. I think the thing's simple: learning that Linux does rely on environment variables SO MUCH extensively
– something that Windows users haven't in presence of Windows Registry.

No comments:
Post a Comment